1. Weight Class 6,500 lbs.
2. Hanging weights or bumper may not extend more than 60 in. from the center of front axle. No loose objects in the vehicle, all objects must be securely fastened. All vehicles must cross the scale before being teched.
3. 472 cu. inch max. One four-barrel carburetor maximum. Aluminum intake allowed. No rams or cross rams allowed. No turbochargers, superchargers, fuel injection, unless stock for make and model.
4. Factory Style engine blocks only. No aftermarket blocks. Aluminum heads permitted
5. Vertical headers permitted.
6. Blow-proof bell housing & blow-proof blanket are required.
7. All trucks must have at least 6 in. wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joints constructed of at least 3/16 in. steel or 3/8 in. aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the ends of each shaft. In addition there will be at least one shaft loop in the middle of the drive shaft. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the shaft.
8. No inspection or license required, but must meet DOT safety rules. Four wheel brakes required.
9. An OEM chassis with complete OEM floor pan & firewall is mandatory. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited. The engine and radiator must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the factory frame and wheelbase length. Driveline components must have been available from factory in one ton truck or less.
10. Body, hood, bed and fenders must meet OEM specifications. If bed floor and/or tailgate have been removed, they must be covered to contain debris should breakage occur. Canvas covers are acceptable. All window glass must be in place.
11. Rear suspension may be blocked with removable blocks. Truck must have working suspension, no airbag or coil spring conversions.
12. Hitch must be of a solid construction and rigid in all direction, draw bar style permitted. Hooking point must have a minimum 3.0 inch x 3.75 inch opening for sled hook (3.75 inch being front to back of hitch point). Hook point cannot be more than 26 inches from the ground, and cannot extend more than 6 inches under the truck. Centerline of rear axle to hook point must be a minimum of 25 percent of vehicles wheelbase.
13. Gasoline only. All forms of nitro, alcohol and propane are illegal as a fuel or additive.
14. Tires must be street legal tires with a DOT number on the sidewall. Max. size 35x12.50 Tread pattern may not be altered by cutting. Dual rear tires may not be used in competition.
15. Sled operated Kill switch required.
16. Drivers must wear a DOT approved helmet. Helmet must be fastened. Opened body vehicle drivers must also wear eye protection.
17. Blow Proof harmonic balancer or shield covering 360 degrees highly recommended.
18. All trucks must have all hubs covered. Covers donít have to be solid but must contain parts should breakage occur.